View All Positions
|Position:||Patient Services Team Lead|
|Date of Vacancy:||02/20/18|
|Closing Date:||Open until filled|
The Patient Services Team Lead must have experience and show expertise in the duties of the Patient Services Representative, Senior Patient Services Representative and Patient Care Advocates in order to assist the Patient Services Regional Managers in creating and maintaining a caring and compassionate impression on all clients of the company. The Patient Services Representative Team Lead is the go-to person for day-to-day questions and guidance on operational policies and procedures relating to the Patient Services team, while performing the duties of the Senior Patient Services Representative, who is the initial contact for all clients of the company and is responsible for irreproachable customer service and portraying the positive image of the company.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Provides friendly, courteous and professional service at all time to all clients and patients.
· Provides guidance to the Patient Services Representatives, Senior Patient Services Representatives and Patient Care Advocates relating to the day-to-day operations and policies and procedures relating to the Patient Services team.
· Assists the Patient Services Regional Manager to ensure that the Patient Service team maintains a friendly, courteous and professional environment for all patients and clients.
· Acts as a communication liaison between the Patient Services Regional Managers and the Patient Services team.
· Works closely with the Charge Nurse to ensure Patient Services’ operations assist with the smooth operations of the site.
· Greets all site patients and visitors promptly and courteously in accordance with AIDET principles.
· Demonstrates competency and proficiency with the electronic medical patient information system.
· Knowledgeable on services, operating hours and services offered.
· Monitors sign-in sheet and waiting room.
· Maintains a clean, neat and pleasant atmosphere in the waiting area.
· Acts as a liaison between patients and the clinical staff; coordinates the need for work-ins with Charge Nurses.
· Works through and resolves patient issues immediately.
· Communicates to patients on wait time and other information that may be necessary.
· Completes check-in preparation and procedure.
· Provides new patients with appropriate registration forms, information pertaining to services, operating hours, and documentation needed for reduced fees.
· Checks-in patients; registers patients into the company’s patient information system.
· Verifies eligibility and authorizations; prepares and processes any required consent forms.
· High School Graduate or GED equivalent.
· Minimum of two years of experience in a similar position, preferably in a healthcare field, or two years of experience as a Senior Patient Service Representative
· Excellent customer service expertise.
· Ability to perform well in a high-volume environment.
· Ability to function effectively under stressful situations.
· Must be flexible, resourceful and able to troubleshoot.
· Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and set priorities.
· Must maintain a professional demeanor and appearance at all time.
· Knowledge of electronic patient health system required.
· Knowledge of insurance companies, payers and E&M codes required.
· Bilingual (Spanish / English) is beneficial.
· Must possess a current valid driver’s license for the State of Florida.
**MCR Health Services is a drug free workplace. All job applicants selected for employment are required to submit to a pre-employment drug test.
Apply for this position now