View All Positions
|Position:||Health Information Specialist|
|Date of Vacancy:||02/02/18|
|Closing Date:||Open until filled|
The HIS is specialized technical work which requires expertise I the migration of hard copy paper records into an electronic medium. HIS requires the ability of independent decision making and responsibility regarding patient information. This individual shall perform/coordinate specific functions directly related to the preparation, maintenance and security of patient health information as it relates to the continuity and quality of care provided. The HIS analyzes patient medical records for compliance with established quality standards in, both, electronic and paper media. Performs release of information activities, prepares records for purging and maintains logs of purged records. Assures availability of medical records for continued delivery quality patient care. Provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
· Protect medical records and other health information from loss, destruction or unauthorized use or access
· Use MCRHS computer system to look up dates of service, appointment location, medical record numbers for accurate identification and location of patient records, and, of the information filed into respective paper records/scanned into respective EHR
· File Medical Records I terminal digit order
· Purge inactive Medical records, log and prepare for long term archive storage
· Prepare and pull medical records for schedules and walk-in patient appointments. Distribute records to designated areas relevant to patient appointment
· Pull medical records for other uses by authorized personnel, e.g. telephone messages, review of lab results and other clinical information, prescription refill requests etc. Route records accordingly for follow through by designated and authorized staff
· High School/GED graduate – AA or AS in HIM preferred.
· Computer data entry, scanning/.copier equipment, typing/keyboard, legible penmanship, accuracy with data entry, understanding medical terminology, alphabetical filing, numerical filing, time management, organizational skills, time management
· Familiarity with various types of filing systems (alphabetical, terminal digit color coding)
· Knowledge of Windows environment navigation
· One or two years of clerical experience. Data entry and basic medical terminology required. One to two years of directly related experience in health information processing within a physician setting, hospital or other medical/clinical environment setting.
Apply for this position now