Responsible for the provision of quality health care to patients under the direction of a licensed physician. Assists in the maintenance of an environment conducive to the health, training and well-being of peers and patients.
- Responsible for providing vital signs, interviewing the patient/family, and charting.
- Collaborates with health care providers in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the needs of the patients and peers
- Maintains positive effective communication with providers, supervisors, peers, and subordinates.
- Oversees the patient triage process by Certified Nursing Assistants/Phlebotomist.
- Ensures Provider’s orders are directed to the various appropriate departments
- Knowledgeable / Assist providers as requested with exams, procedures, removal of sutures, etc.
- Completes authorizations and referrals for patients in a timely manner
- Knowledgeable in walk-in triage and interventions regarding patients age under the leadership of the Charge Nurse
- Knowledgeable regarding all medical forms (PE, work excuses, proof of pregnancy, etc)
- Knowledgeable regarding specific reports and logs well as location of reports and logs.
- Knowledgeable / Administers ordered immunizations and other medications
- Documents/Keeps accurate records regarding missed appointments by patients and follows up with patients as appropriate.
- Able to triage patients via phone and correctly document in the patients chart
- Able to perform EKGs and Triage in a timely manner