||Patient Services Rep/ Medical Assistant
||Manatee and Sarasota Counties
|Date of Vacancy:
||Open until filled
This individual assures that services are administered utilizing professional standards with a strong focus on quality, timely care and exceptional customer service under the direction of the medical provider. Assist in the maintenance of an environment conductive to the health, training, and well-being of peers and patients. Medical Assistant with 6 months of experience preferred for back-up clinical as needed.
- Calls patients to schedule advanced and same day appointments and accurately enters new or follow-up information into the electronic medical patient information system
- Explains services and operating hours; knowledgeable about services offered
- Completes patient eligibility and authorizations
- Informs and guides patients to appropriate resources
- Verifies eligibility and obtains authorizations.
- Familiar with eligibility for reduced fees based on the most current guidelines
- Interviews patients for eligibility for reduced fees based on the most current poverty guidelines, Medicaid and other special funded programs; refers patients to the Medicaid Program and assists them with the application process
- Screens OB patients for presumptive eligibility for Pregnant Women (PEPW) and simplified Medicaid application
- High School Graduate or GED equivalent.
- Medical Assistant with 6 months of experience.
- Current CPR Certification.
- Minimum of six months of customer service experience in a high volume impact environment, preferably in a healthcare field.
- Excellent customer service expertise.
- Ability to perform well in a high-volume environment.
- Must be flexible, resourceful and able to troubleshoot.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and set priorities.
- Must maintain a professional demeanor and appearance at all time.
- Bilingual (Spanish / English) is beneficial.
- Must possess a current valid drivers license for the State of Florida.
**MCR Health Services is a drug free workplace. All job applicants selected for employment are required to submit to a pre-employment drug test. IND123
**PLEASE NOTE** After completing your profile, please click "Save and Continue" then "Apply for this Job"