This position is accountable for leading, managing and directing staff nurses, certified nursing assistants / phlebotomists and medical assistants at an assigned MCR Health Services center. This individual assures that services are administered utilizing professional standards with a strong focus on quality, timely care and exceptional customer service under the direction of the medical provider. The Charge Nurse assists in the maintenance of an environment conducive to the health, training and well-being of peers and patients. The individual will also assist in the formulation of the Nursing Departments Policies and Procedures.
- Responsible for provide leading, managing, coaching and guiding all associates assigned to the department and maintaining positive, effective communication with providers, supervisors, peers, and subordinates.
- Collaborates with health care providers in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the needs of the patients and peers
- Must Be Able To Perform All Staff Nurse Duties.
- Assist with administrative tasks as necessary, i.e. evaluations, discipline, and staffing.
- Oversees the maintenance o all appropriate logs and submits forms accurately and timely.
- Ensures Provider’s orders are directed to the various appropriate departments
- Completes authorizations and referrals for patients in a timely manner
- Knowledgeable in triage and interventions regarding patients age
- Knowledgeable regarding all medical forms (PE, wok excuses, proof of pregnancy, etc)
- Administers ordered immunizations and other medications
- Able to perform EKGs and Triage in a timely manner
- Meets all lab requirements and knowledgeable regarding the process procedure including phlebotomy skills.
- Meets monthly with subordinate staff to identify and resolve issues and promote good communication and dissemination of information.
- Licensed RN or LPN in good standing with the Florida Board of Nursing
- Minimum of 2 years of professional nursing experience in family medicine
- Strong, in-depth knowledge of leadership principles and practices, including: nursing operations, patient flow, human resources management, asset management, regulatory compliance issues, customer service and evidence-based patient care.
- Current CPR certification
- Valid, current Florida State drivers license
**MCR Health Services is a drug free workplace. All job applicants selected for employment are required to submit to a pre-employment drug test. IND123