||Patient Services Supervisor
||Manatee, Sarasota and Desoto Counties
|Date of Vacancy:
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Patient Services Supervisor oversees all operations relating to providing a caring and compassionate impression on all clients and patients of the company. Duties include the supervision of the Patient Services Team including the Patient Services Team Leads, the Patient Services Representatives, and the Patient Access Representatives to oversee the customer service, operations, procedures, and all other activities relating to the patient experience within the companyís health centers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the supervision of the Patient Services Team in order to create and maintain a friendly, courteous and professional service at all times to all clients and patients
- Ensures that the Patient Services Team adheres to all daily standards of service and that all policies and procedures are respected
- Ensures that all the team members within the Patient Services Department receive all appropriate initial training; and remedial and recovery training as needed and in accordance with the departmentís guidelines
- Responsible for the cash drawer and for daily deposits; ensures that deposits are entered into IDR
- Ensures that policies and procedures relating to billing practices are respected and liaises with the appropriate finance or billing team
- Responsible for the preparation of financial reports such as self-pay reports, encounter reports, provider reports and weekly site visit reports.
- Works closely with the Director of Operations and the site Charge Nurse to assist with the smooth flow of patient care at the site, including review of the daily schedules
- High School Graduate or GED equivalent.
- Minimum of four years of experience in a similar position, preferably within a health care setting
- Excellent customer service expertise.
- Proficiency with standard office computer systems required, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of electronic patient health system required together with data entry experience
- Knowledge of insurance companies, payers and E&M codes required; familiarity with medical terminology and Medicaid / Medicare regulations helpful
- Ability to perform well in a high-volume environment and work independently
- Ability to function effectively under stressful situations.
- Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision making to achieve organizational objectives
- Must be flexible, resourceful and able to troubleshoot.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and set priorities.
- Must maintain a professional demeanor and appearance at all time.
- Must possess a current valid driverís license for the State of Florida.
- Bilingual (Spanish / English) is beneficial.
**MCR Health Services is a drug free workplace. All job applicants selected for employment are required to submit to a pre-employment drug test.
Apply for this position now