View All Positions
|Position:||Outreach and Eligibility Specialist|
|Date of Vacancy:||04/13/18|
|Closing Date:||until filled|
· Provides enrollment assistance which may include completing coverage applications, gathering required documents and troubleshooting the enrollment process for uninsured children and adults to access subsidized, low-cost and free health insurance programs through the health insurance marketplace, Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
· Provides structured patient education on health coverage, engages in follow-up conversations and offers renewal assistance for enrolled individuals.
· Distributed outreach materials as directed by supervisor to patients, community members, partner organizations and businesses to build coverage option awareness.
· Attends community events as directed by supervisor to build awareness of coverage options, promote enrollment and build referral linkages.
· Provides enrollment activities at various local agencies as directed by supervisor.
· Attends and successfully completes all required training programs; participated in ongoing conference calls, webinars, and other professional development opportunities.
· Accurately provides required reporting to track goal achievement and client satisfaction.
· Ability to successfully obtain certification to provide enrollment activities.
· Supports the goals and mission of MCR Health Services.
· Adheres to the safety policy of MCR Health Services.
· Performs other duties as assigned from time to time.
· High School Graduate or GED equivalent.
· A minimum of four (4) years of experience preferred
· Ability to read and interpret documents.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Must be comfortable speaking effectively before groups and engaging the general public in outreach situations
· Must be able to interact respectfully with diverse cultural and socioeconomic populations.
· Knowledge of health and human services infrastructure, health insurance programs and public coverage options.
· Ability to work independently and coordinate multiple tasks
· Strong computer skills and proficiencies in Microsoft Office programs
· Bilingual (English / Spanish) preferred
· Must have a valid current Florida Driver’s license
Apply for this position now